Monday, January 6, 2014

new year, new blog, new me

It's a new year and I'm excited. Well kind of. I'm sort of nervous at the same time. I decided that this year I'm going to make some serious changes.

I've grown up making New Year's resolutions, but I've never really taken them too seriously. The first Sunday of every year my family would have our weekly family night and the lesson was guaranteed to end up being the "let's all make New Year's resolutions" lesson.

With all those years of resolution making, you'd think that I'd be a master at making resolutions. Truth is, I'm not. Every year, though I expect the annual making of the resolutions, I never seem to think about them until the moment arrives. And let's face it, making yearly goals on the spot isn't going to result in the the best or most well-thought-out resolutions. This year I started thinking early, and I think I've come up with pretty durn good (It Takes Two reference, anyone?) list!

My first New Year's resolution is to start a new blog, ergo this post. I've blogged before and I loved it. But I fell out of habit and haven't blogged in over two years. So here we go again with a fresh new start! I'm aiming at at least two posts a week: one that is more life to life and one that is more thought provoking. But who knows... this may end up being something more. It'd be sweet to turn it into something more like an online magazine with several different categories. I love magazine design and see a lot of online magazines, wishing I were doing something like that. Well maybe this is the jumpstart I need to just throw all inhibitions in the trash and make magic happen.

So here it goes. I realize my resolutions may be verging along the lines of a bucket list, but they're goals in my mind and I want to make them happen this year!

  • Do something that will shock everyone who really knows me (Post on that tomorrow!!!)
  • Take the GMAT
  • Apply to business school
  • Go the month of January with no sugar
  • Go to New York
  • See a Broadway play (preferably Mamma Mia)
  • Completely pay off one student loan
  • Run a half marathon (I've done a 10K and loved it; time to kick it up a notch)
  • See the Britney Spears show in Las Vegas (I understand the disgust of all you haters out there, but she was my first true love back in 6th grade and I will hold true to her!)
  • Learn to play the guitar (I've attempted for a couple weeks before, but I want to make it happen for reals this time!)
  • Write poems
  • Learn to use a sewing machine
  • Host more dinner parties
  • Cook more fine foods (Julia Child's Art of French Cooking here I come!)
  • Have more confidence (two good things must be said about myself for every negative)
  • Think skinny (sorry, there's gotta be at least one weight loss-oriented resolution)

There it is! 2014 here I come. I've got a feeling that we're going to be great friends.

-Cam

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read your blog! We have a lot of similar resolutions! I'll post mine to my blog soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to follow you on all your travels. Adding you to my feedly now. How many times did I feed you green beans? so sorry. You could have told me. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Alice, I don't think you ever fed me green beans. I probably did tell you, so you're good :)

      Delete